As you can see I’m back on deck following my mitral valve repair & keen to get on with discussions & actions that will make our primary schools & our lives even better. Thanks for all the good wishes but a special thanks must go to Deputy President Robyn Evans. Robyn stepped up, virtually left her school for all of Term 4 and continued advocating for us all in many forums to ensure our voice was heard.
I’ve heard from many sources how awesome she was, so on your behalf, a huge thanks Robyn and to your school.
During the holidays the Government media made comment of the fabulous new schools & re-furbishments …how lucky some of our schools communities are. We have an ad-hoc committee led by Estelle Southall (Homebush West PS) & Louise Green (Artarmon PS) who have lived through re-furbishments and are keen to offer support & advice for any colleague who is involved and wants to know the “ins & outs” …their details are available on the GAL.
Best wishes to those of you who are commencing their principalship this year (we will see you at the Induction February 20 – 22) and to those who are starting off in a new school. So to everyone to start the year, let’s hope your numbers are there so you can quickly sort out classes, have happy parents, have a full complement of staff and you are able to get on with the year. Best wishes.
Don’t forget your local PPC meetings (the dates which will soon be up on our website) where you can learn what is going on around you, share stories & gain support.
This link will allow you to see the full details of the new schools and refurbishments. There certainly is some massive expenditure to cater for the changing demographics across the state.
New and upgraded schools opening on Day 1, Term 1, 2019:
- Ballina Coast High School – new school, including 69 new classrooms
- Bardia Public School – major upgrade, including 40 new classrooms
- Bella Vista Public School – new school (stage 1), including 20 new classrooms
- Bolwarra Public School – major upgrade, including 10 new classrooms
- Cammeraygal High School – new senior campus site, including 30 classrooms
- Central Sydney Intensive English High School – new school location, including 23 new classrooms and specialist learning spaces
- Farrer High School – major upgrade, including a new technology building and boarding accommodation
- Hunter School of Performing Arts – major upgrade, including new performing art facilities, a new gymnasium and new outdoor sports courts
- Homebush West Public School – major upgrade, including 26 new classrooms and a rooftop playground
- Lindfield Learning Village – new school (stage 1), including learning spaces for up to 350 students
- Manly Vale Public School – major upgrade, including 40 new classrooms
- Marie Bashir Public School – major upgrade, including 18 new classrooms
Bella Vista PS & Bardia PS
Rainbow St PS & Lindfield Learning Village
- North Kellyville Public School – new school, including 40 new classrooms
- Rainbow Street Public School – major upgrade, including 35 new classrooms
- Randwick Public School – major upgrade, including 10 new classrooms
- Yawarra Community School – new school with four state-of-the art learning spaces for special needs students
- Yandelora School – new school with 16 new classrooms to cater for students with moderate to severe disabilities
Just a reminder to Presidents – you are all invited to attend Term 1 (March 14-15) and Term 2 (June 13-14) State Council. For Term 1 State Council there will be time to organise replacements for our Reference Groups in our Regional groups. Chairpersons will be working with Deputy President Robyn Evans to ensure you know vacancies beforehand.
There will be a slight change for our chairpersons this year. As well as the ½ day prior to each State Council & State Council, we are inviting you to attend our Term 2 Executive meeting for 1 ½ days (lunch onwards May 9 and all of May 10)….more details later.
LEAP – Leading Educators around the Planet is again offering some wonderful experiences with international educators. Please see the attached EOI if you, or your Deputy Principal, are interested in being involved in this program.
MATCHES MAY BE AVAILABLE WITH PRINCIPALS, DIRECTORS & DPs FROM: Canada (British Columbia; Ontario; New Brunswick); Finland; Scotland; England; Wales; and USA (Alabama)
There are still a few places available for the Art of leadership six day program to be held at Novotel Brighton Le Sands on 2-4 September and 4-6 November . The link for registration is below.
I dropped in over the holidays to the AoL sessions and then again at the AoL Master class at the Novotel Haymarket. Fabulous to see the participants really engaged with Judy Hatswell & Rob Stones.
Executive members have been out and about visiting local councils, spreading the “good oil” and listening to stories & re-assuring colleagues. If you wish for an Executive member to attend your local Council meeting, please contact President Phil on firstname.lastname@example.org.
On behalf the Executive, Robyn Evans, Di Robertson, Rob Walker, Lyn Davis, Ian Reeson, Bob Willetts, Michael Burgess, Jude Hayman, Michael Trist, Craig Redfern, Mark Pritchard, and myself best wishes for a great start to the year and a fulfilling and successful year.